SCIENTIFIC DEPARTMENT OF EAST EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY APPLIED TO THE THE U.S EMBASSY (GEORGIA) BOOK TRANSLATION PROGRAM 2018 (PAS) AND WON THE GRANT BY PROJECT: „ENTREPRENEURSHIP: SUCCESSFULLY LAUNCHING NEW VENTURES’’
The project is implemented with the participation and financial support of Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA) and financial support.
Principal Investigator: Professor Shalva Machavariani, Vice-Rector in Science Affairs at East European University.
Coordinator: Tatia Gherkenashvili, Research Grant Coordinator and Manager of International Relations Office at East European University.
Co-investigator: Natia Tchigvaria,Coordinator of PhD program in Social Sciences at Georgian Institute of Public Affairs.
Book title (and edition): „Entrepreneurship: Successfully Launching New Ventures’’ (6th Edition, ISBN 0134729536)
Author: Bruce R. Baringer and R. Duane Ireland
Publisher: Pearson Education, Inc.
Year of the first publication: 18/01/2018
Number of Pages: 624
Copyright Holder: 2018 by Pearson Education, Inc.
Each chapter includes description of real examples, cases, challenges met by entrepreneurs nowadays and is given concrete solutions to overcome them.
Today all of the 5 editions on Entrepreneurship by American authors Bruce R. Barringer (Professor at the School of Entrepreneurship at Oklahoma State University) and R. Duane Ireland’s (Professor at the Mays Business School, Texas A&M University) has been unprecedented demand in USA, Canada, Australia and European Universities.
In Georgia, whereas the implementation of new enterprises are crucial (including by the current students in the nearest future), increasing competitiveness of enterprises and creation of workplaces are also vitally important, this book perfectly matches to the current environment of Georgia providing the opportunity to get adequate knowledge for successful work in the country.
Discussed issues in the above mentioned edition will provoke interest not only in students (of all academic levels: BA, MA, PhD) of business administration and economic faculty but also within the active specialists and wide society interested by this direction.
Additional Information about the edition can be found in attached file
- Mikheil Tokmazishvili, Ph.D. in Economics, Professor at East European University;
- Giorgi Gagaganize, Ph.D. in Economics, Dean of Economic Faculty at TSU;
- Natia Tchigvaria, Ph.D. in American Literature, Coordinator of PhD program in Social Sciences at Georgian Institute of Public Affairs;
- Gela Grigolashvili, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor at East European University;
- Nikoloz Abuashvili, Ph.D. in Economics, Founding Partner of Business Infrastructure SolutionZ;
- Vakhtang Charaia, Ph.D. in Economics, Associate Professor at East European University;
- Ketevan Aptarashvili, Asistant professor and Head of Education Process Departmentat at East European University;
Project Implementation started on May 14, 2018 and will last till November 2019.
List of 2018 Publications of U.S. Embassy: https://ge.usembassy.gov/education-culture/grant-programs/book-translation-program-pas/