On October 30 of the current year, East European University along with Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law (Freiburg, Germany) organized International Scientific Workshop: ’’Dangerous Transnational Crimes and National and International Legal Ways and Means of Combating them’’.
Dr. David Cherkezishvili, East European University Rector, opened the workshop.
Workshop attendees were addressed by Dr. Shalva Machavariani, EEU Vice-rector in Science Affairs and Dr. ElikoTsiklauri-Lammich, Head of Partnership Cooperation Project with Georgia of Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law.
Following representatives took participation in the workshop:
- Peter Wilkitzki, Honorary Dr. of the University of Cologne, Germany, Vice-President of the International Association of Criminal Law (a.D), Presentation: The Obligation of States to Cooperate with the International Criminal Court
- ElikoTsiklauri-Lammich, Professor, Head of Partnership Cooperation Project with Georgia of Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, Freiburg, Germany, Presentation: Problem Introductory Report
- Anita Ušacka, Professor, Head of the Appeals Chamber of the International Criminal Court in The Hague (2011-2012), Presentation: Crimes Against Cultural Heritage and the Environment as Grave international Criminal Crimes
- Sunčana Roksandić Vidlička, Assistant-Professor, Head of the joint project of the University of Zagreb and Max Planck Institute, Presentation: Corruption and Money Laundering as the crimes against the economic strength of the country
- Kamil Salimov, Professor,Head of Criminal Science and Legal Expertise Department of Baku State University, Presentation: Corruption and Ways and Methods of Fighting Against it
- Mirali S. Kazimov, Law Department of Baku State University,Deputy Chief of the Baku State University Educational Centre of the Ministry of Taxes of Azerbaijan, Presentation: Fight Against Corruption as a Security Factor for the Country and Banking Crimes based on the Example and Experience of Azerbaijan
Various university representatives as well as Ph.D. students of the Faculty of Law were attended the workshop.
At the end of the event, EEU rector awared Dr. ElikoTsiklauri-Lammich, Dr. Anita Ušacka and Dr. Sunčana Roksandić Vidlička with the title of Honorary Doctor of East European Unievrsity and handled over the relevant diplomas.
EEU rector indicated that cooperation, academic activities and support of aforementioned professors serves as the key contributing factors on the way of the university development.