On October 3, within Science and Innovation International Festival 2017, East European University organized the conference: ’’Modern Educational Programs for Supporting Agri-business Development’’ at Georgian Technical University.
Conference participants were representatives of East European University, LEPL Agricultural Cooperative Development Agency, LEPL National Wine Agency of Ministry of Agriculture and LEPL Community College “Gldani Vocational Training Center”.
East European University Rector Dr. David Cherkezishvili opened the conference.
The following issues were discussed at the conference:
- New Educational Programs in Agri-business and Modern Approaches to their Implementation – Shalva Machavariani, Vice-rector of the East European University;
– Organizational, Sectorial and Personal Advantage Gaining and it’s Management – Temur Maisuradze, East European University Professor;
- Organizing the Chain of Values in the Agrarian Sector – Lasha Labadze, Executive Director of the AISET Research Institute;
- Safety of the Food and it’s Quality – Ketevan Laperashvili, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development, Head of Food Safety Department;
- The Role of Vocational Education in the Field of Agro-business Development – Nodar Kharazishvili, LEPL Community College “Gldani Vocational Training Center, Director;
The conference was held in the frame of discussion, where existing problems in the country in terms of agri-business development was identified and the ways to solve them were also outlined.