On November 17, 2018 East European University (EEU) along with its partner organization Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (GIPA) jointly organized International Students’ Scientific Conference: ’’Actual Issues of European Integration’’ at the ’’Hotel Museum’’.
Official Partner of the Conference was Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) Georgia!
Conference organizing group head: Professor, Dr. Shalva Machavariani, Vice-rector in science affairs at the East European University;
Conference Coordinator: Tatia Gherkenashvili, Research Grant Coordinator at the East European University;
Conference Co-supervisor: Dr. Natia Chighvaria, Head of Ph.D. Program in Social Sciences at the Georgian Institute of Public Affairs.
– Discussion and evaluation of European Integration perspectives;
– Boost students’ scientific potential;
– Establish scientific linkages within Georgian and international students as well as young
– Awareness raising of youths in EU integration issues and encourage innovative potential.
Conference covered the following sections:
- Economics and Innovations. Moderator:
Giorgi Ghaghanidze, Prof. Dr. of Economics at the Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University.
- Public Administration, European Public and Criminal Law. Moderators:
Bernd Thomas Heinrich, Prof. Dr. of criminal law at the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (German Federal Republic);
Nana Macharashvili, Professor of School of Governance at Georgian Institute of Public Affairs, Dr. of Political Sciences.
Representatives from academic circles, donor organizations, state and private organizations were invited to the conference:
- FES South Caucasus;
- Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law, Freiburg, Germany;
- Georgia’s Innovation and Technology Agency (GITA) of Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development of Georgia;
- Ministry of Justice of Georgia,
80 local and international doctoral students and post doctorates expressed will to participate in the conference, where from on the basis of the decision of editorial board and moderators 20 candidates were selected from:
- Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen (Germany)
- Sodertorn University (Sweden)
- Estonian Business School (Tallinn)
- Russian-Armenian University (Yerevan)
- East European University (Georgia)
- Georgian Institute of Public Affairs (Georgia)
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University (Georgia)
- Caucasus University (Georgia)
2 winners under sections were revealed by the conference sections’ moderators:
- Levan Gorelashvili, East European University, Ph.D. student;
- Tamar Abzianidze, Georgian Institute of Public Affairs, Ph.D. student.
Conference winners and participants were awarded certificates and prizes.
Conference papers were published in the collection of scientific papers.
Since awarding ceremony evening party was held.
Conference agenda is available at the following link.