On October 21-23, 2020 East European University took participation in EDEN (European Distance and E-learning Network) RW11 Research Workshop: ’’Enhancing the Human Experience of Learning with Technology: New challenges for research into digital, open, distance & networked education’’.
The theme and scope of EDEN’s RW11 intends to reflect the current challenges researchers face regarding the impact of the emerging digital technologies and Artificial Intelligence in the improvement of the quality of the human learning experience. Mainly the following issues were discussed throughout the workshop:
- How to assure truly equitable and social fair access to digital learning opportunities?
- How to conduct effective online learning?
- How to improve teachers’ and learners’ digital competences?
- How may AI and machine learning contribute to enhance the education process and make it more flexible and personal?
- How can we conduct more authentic and reliable digital assessment?
- What are the ethical implications of the use of these digital technologies?
- How should learning processes be designed to contribute to the learners’ well-being and mental health?
- How should quality of online learning provision be assured?
At the workshop EEU British Professor Paul Gibbs presented the scientific paper under the theme: ’’What might the Pandemic have done to and for higher education?’’
For additional information, please visit the links below: