Clinical and Practical Skills Development Center
The Clinical and Practical Skills Development Center, on the basis of the Faculty of Healthcare Sciences, carries out its functions equipped with the latest technologies in accordance with modern standards of medical education, it is guided by the University regulations, educational programme requirements and regulations of the center.
The goal of the Clinical and Practical Skills Development Center is to develop research, clinical and practical skills for the students of higher education programme carried out at the Faculty, and to prepare qualified and competitive graduates.
The functions of the center are:
- To create a student-centered laboratory environment as close as possible to the clinical environment and in line with modern teaching and research requirements, and to develop students’ professional (clinical and practical) skills within the educational programme;
- To ensure carrying out the training courses defined in the educational program in both simulation and laboratory environment;
- To model clinical situations, laboratory work and implementation of targeted practices using modern medical technologies;
- To implement and organize an Objectively Structured Clinical Exam (OSCE) methodology, objectively assess students’ clinical and practical skills in a variety of simulated clinical settings.
The Clinical and Practical Skills Development Center includes:
- Simulation laboratory;
- Anatomy Room;
- Laboratory of Chemistry and Biochemistry;
- Laboratory of Microbiology;
- Laboratory of Histology and Cell Biology;
- Objectively structured clinical exam (OSCE) stations.