East European University partner European University Association (EUA) webinar series: ‘’Universities and democracy: ‘’how to strengthen a crucial relationship’’ offers webinar ll: ‘’Fostering scientific literacy – universities and the future of science communication’’, discussing the role and importance of the science in modern society in times of crises and pandemic. The past decade has seen an erosion of public debate, a radicalization of parts of society, and the spread of misinformation. Such phenomena often occur and are exacerbated during crises, and the pandemic has shown this again. These tendencies question the value of evidence and the role of science in society. Universities need to position themselves on this issue and find new and more effective ways to help counter this trend.
- David Budtz Pedersen, Professor at the Department of Communications and Psychology, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Maria Tulin, Postdoctoral Researcher, Amsterdam School of Communication Research, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Fabrice Rousselot, Editor in Chief, The Conversation France, France
- Marjan Doom, Director, Ghent University Museum, Belgium
- Moderation: Anna-Lena Claeys-Kulik, Deputy Director for Policy Coordination and Foresight, EUA.