The Department of Security is the administrative structural unit of the University, the aim of which is to create a safe environment for the University.
Department for achieving its own goal:
- ensures the safety of university staff and students during his stay at the University;
- ensures the introduction of labour safety policies within its competence; He is also actively involved in Occupational Safety and health issues in the process of teaching employees, providing them with information, consulting them.
- ensures the protection of university buildings, educational and non-teaching inventory, material values located in them;
- complies with public order and fire safety rules in a continuous manner in accordance with the current legislation of Georgia;
- within its competence, ensures the detection of violations of university internal regulations and the implementation of appropriate measures;
- provides facilities for students with special educational needs and free orientation and movement, meeting the necessary needs and providing other services;
- performs other functions and tasks provided for by the statute of the Department.
- Department is headed by a chief who is accountable to the Vice-rector for Finance and Information Technology Management.