The aim of Undergraduate Program in Law is for the student to:
- Acquire extensive theoretical knowledge about the essence of law, principles, institutions, basic features of the national legal system, historical sources of Georgian law, as well as in-depth knowledge in public, private and criminal law;
- Develop the ability to identify complex and unforeseen problems in the field of private, criminal and public law based on a multifaceted vision and analysis, to develop appropriate ways to solve them using legal methods, to substantiate the chosen approach and to formulate their own reasoned conclusions;
- Develop the ability to draft legal documents and develop research or practical projects in the public, private and criminal spheres;
- Develop public, private and criminal norms, sources, methods of analysis, establish the factual circumstances of the case, evaluate them, substantiate legal dispute positions, develop dispute resolution strategies and tactics, decide and substantiate legal issues, as well as implement other legal actions / tasks / decision ability;
- Develop the ability to communicate their ideas, public, private, criminal problems and ways to solve them with specialists and non-specialists, using legal terminology, orally and in writing;
- Develop the ability of searching for necessary information in Georgian and / or English, including legislative changes, case law, science news and constant updating of one’s knowledge;
- Develop the ability to act in accordance with the norms of ethical and professional conduct of a lawyer and practice justice, human rights, social and democratic values while practicing law.