The consultant of the programme leader: Kanna Ramaesh
Programme Duration, Credits and Structure: Students should complete a minimum of 360 ECTS credits for the successful completion of the programme. Programme consists of 6 academic years/12 semester
Academic Degree/Qualification: დიპლომირებული მედიკოსი/ Medical Doctor (MD)
Program Status: Accredited
Tuition and Fee for Overseas Students: 5000 USD
Language of Instruction: English
The aims for the graduates of the Medical Doctor Educational programme are:
- To acquire in-depth and systematic knowledge of the fundamental principles of the field, as well as in the field of biomedical, behavioral, social, clinical sciences
- Develop the ability to consult a patient, assess a clinical case, schedule examinations, make a differential diagnosis, discuss a disease management plan, provide first aid and resuscitation in emergencies, prescribe medication, and perform practical procedures.
- Develop the ability to communicate effectively in a medical context, apply ethical and legal principles in medical practice, and evaluate the psychological and social aspects of a patient’s illness;
- Develop the ability to apply evidence-based principles, skills and knowledge, to effectively use information and information technology in the medical context, to apply the scientific principles, methods and knowledge of biomedicine in medical practice and research;
- Develop the ability to implement health promotion measures, engage in public health issues, work effectively in the healthcare system;
- Develop skills of self-responsibility, autonomy, professionalism, ethics, scientific research and work in a global context.
Prerequisites for admission:
- A person with a full general education or equivalent certificate who has passed the relevant unified national examinations, passed the compulsory subject for enrollment in the educational program and has passed the English language level in English – has passed the minimum competency level 85 % + 1.
- An entratnt by the Law of Georgia on Higher Education, who certifies proficiency in English at the ALTE B2 level, has the right to study in the Medical Doctor education programme without passing the Unified National Examinations, in accordance with the rules of language competence at Eastern European University.
- Enrollment in the educational programme of a certified physician can be done twice a year, within the timeframe set by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of Georgia, following the mandatory procedures and rules set by the University.
- Enrollment of Georgian citizens or foreign nationals in the educational program of a foreign citizen recognized from a foreign higher education institution is carried out in accordance with the rules and within the timeframe established by the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sports of Georgia.