Prague University of Finance and Administration organized the “International Days in Prague – Erasmus+ Staff/Teaching Week” from 5 to 9 December in the framework of the project “Business Problems Interactive Web Portal” (funded by the International Foundation of the Visegrad Countries), whose leaders include the Vice-Rector for Scientific Affairs of the East European University, Prof. Shalva Mchavariani.
Participants of the International week included:
- East European University;
- The University of Finance and Administration (Czech Republic);
- The University of Žilina (Slovakia);
- University of Ss. Cyril and Methodius in Trnava (Slovakia);
- University of Lodz (Poland);
- Opole University of Technology (Poland);
- University of Gdańsk (Poland);
- RISEBA University of Applied Sciences (Latvia);
- Vilniaus University Business school (Lietuva);
- Comrat State University (Republic of Moldova);
- Anadolu University (Turkey);
- University of Zaragoza (Spain);
- The Georgian Small and Medium Enterprises Association (GSMEA).
In the frame of the international week, the Head of the Scientific Research and Development Department at the East European University, Associate Professor Davit Sikharulidze has presented two reports.
The first report was informational and focused on introducing East European University to the participants.
The second report was related to the research interests of Prof. Sikharulidze, in particular, it was related to the Agency problem, Corporate Governance and Banks’ Financial Performance in Georgia: An Empirical Study.
The research has provoked a huge interest among the participants and organizers. As a result, Prof. Sikharulidze has been invited to the international conference in May, next year.